What is Cloud Accounting?
One of the greatest opportunities available to businesses today is to take advantage of the power of the cloud. What's the cloud? It's a fashionable term for the internet.
The cloud fundamentally changes your world and how you connect with all the people you do business with. Business is no longer bound by time or geography. Your business can be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your office can now be where and when you want
it to be – on the road, at home or overseas.
With cloud accounting, instead of installing and using accounting software on your computer, you access the software via the Internet. The greatest value cloud accounting has brought to businesses is the ability for accountants to work on your business in real time, as opposed to traditional accountants.
Benefits of cloud accounting:
- Your accountant has real-time access to your financial situation
- Flexibility of accessing your files, documents and data from anywhere
- No software to install on your devices
- No software updates to worry about
- Cloud storage is safer than many small business networks and employee laptops
- No servers to monitor and maintain
- Instant access to your business bank account while you're on the move