Long Service Leave changes starting 1 November 2018
The Long Service Leave Act 2018 will come into effect on 1 November 2018 and supersede the 1992 Act.
These changes include:
• greater flexibility for women, families and people transitioning to retirement
• access to long service leave after seven years, not ten
• allowing employees to take long service leave in smaller increments (i.e. for any period of one day or more)
• most absences from work do not break continuous employment
• unpaid leave, including parental leave, counts towards long service leave
• increased penalties for employers who do not keep records or do not produce them when requested.
Learn more about this...
21 November - October 2018 monthly activity statements due date for lodgement and payment.
25 November - September quarter BAS due for payment and lodgement if prepared and lodged by STM.